We're back for our 12th season. Keep up to date with all the discoveries, brought to you by our daily bloggers.

Wheelbarrow Joust

Lauren's account of her final day of the season:
On our last day of the dig Sydney did not get to see the light of day. Drawing a complicated feature meant he was not needed. However it gave my knees a nice break!
At lunchtime the boys got inventive with a game of wheelbarrow jousting, with drawing boards for shields, buckets for helmets and metre sticks for weapons. I really don’t know where they got their ideas from.
No wheelbarrows were hurt...
However, after a relaxing pint in the local and all my essays nearly finished I can safely say I will miss our trench. From possible sixteenth century outbuilding to chapel and Roman road a good time was had by all.

Comments