We're back for our 12th season. Keep up to date with all the discoveries, brought to you by our daily bloggers.

Dani and Liam report on progress at the end of Week 3! Hasn’t it gone quickly folks?



Danielle  finds evidence for French cuisine? 

Today I was working on an area near the wall of the building, I was gradually taking down the soil and found a large amount of snail shells and evidence of charcoal. Dan was not sure if it might be a feature or if it was a waste pit like Frances and Christian have been working on next to me. I will be continuing on with this area on Tuesday until I have come to the bottom of the charcoal.



Liam avoids spoilers and gets spoils:



Today, for me, was generally made up of the same activity. Excavating mine and Liz's trench never seemed to end, mortar and brick becoming the new bane of our lives. Luckily the site was calm and allowed everyone to have a friendly chat while working. Whilst avoiding spoilers for the ‘Song of Ice and Fire’, I managed to find some more carved stone, bone, lead, pottery and a shaped piece of quartz possibly from a Roman ring (cool! – Ed.). I plan to enjoy the three day weekend and prepare myself for the open day on Tuesday.

A quick note from Amy:
 
We are not digging over the Bank Holiday weekend but we will be back on site and ready to show you our finds and discoveries so far at the Open Afternoon on Tuesday - come down to the park from 1.30pm for site tours, finds and more!! See you there!



 

Comments