We're back for our 12th season. Keep up to date with all the discoveries, brought to you by our daily bloggers.

Day 8: Trowel madness


Freya
The nice weather continued today, much to everyone's relief! We started the day by trowelling, meaning many finds were discovered all round. The sun got hotter as the day went on, which led to one of the highlights of my day, in the form of Matt smearing mud across his face when trying to put on sun cream. For a change of pace in the afternoon, Jon and I began drawing up a plan of a section of the trench, which we will hopefully finish tomorrow. I think everyone is wishing that the weather will stay nice!

Laura
Today did not disappoint with some great finds, impressive weather and hard team work. Upon arrival, a few of us were separated into groups. Some went to wash finds, others to record the site, take measurements and continue trowelling. I was a troweller, and I loved every minute. The sun was shining and I couldn’t wait to uncover my next find! Late on in the day, after the final break, another colleague and I were chosen to engage with the public and tell them about our exciting project. Everyone we encountered was interested and so pleased to have a look and ask what was going on. We introduced them to a few of the finds we had collected that day and explained the nature and layout of the site, and they had many questions to ask! And of course the odd Time Team reference!

Comments