We're back for our 12th season. Keep up to date with all the discoveries, brought to you by our daily bloggers.

Day 10: What a week!


The weather went from being awful and raining (typical British weather) to lovely sunshine and then it ended on a moderately warm but not sunny day. We also had many laughs at various things, one being a piegeon flying straight into the fence and leaving behind its body weight in feathers, and another whilst playing the Alphabet Game which got a little out of hand. But all in all we had a very productive week and we found many interesting things! 

Personally my goal has been to find animal bone or teeth and I finally achieved that and found my first ever cattle tooth!!! Woo! My mother thinks it's slightly weird how excited I was but she's supportive none the less. Whilst I was excited about finding my first tooth, Kate was onto her billionth. Our team had been slowly but steadily excavating the Roman road which has been amazing! Although we did mistakenly take out a few stones but the road is still intact, thankfully.

For today and yesterday Meg and I have been drawing the site plan of the clay deposit, which has been more fun than I expected but getting the drawing frame level has been both a pain and a great laugh! We almost killed Ethan because he knocked it just after we got it level. But there was no bloodshed. After we finished we went to do some more finds washing and we had to write the information on the artefacts with quill and ink style equipment which was fun! Although my handwriting leaves much to be desired, some of them were legible. 

Overall our week has been fun and filled with new techniques and equipment (none of which I broke [yey!]). I hope next week will be filled with more interesting finds and we can finally take off the clay! Fun times! :) 

Ellen 

Comments